It's official. We started finishing our basement last Friday. We are having our neighbor, Jon, do the work as he is a carpenter by trade and is currently not working a regular job. And he lives literally next door! They started on Friday and have already got so much accomplished! He is having a buddy help him out with the project, which he wasn't initially planning on, so it's going very quickly. Right now they are working on framing out all the rooms. My plan is to take before, during, and after photos to show the progress. We're excited about having the extra space, especially for the winter for more room to run for Cody (and yeah, I do mean run.), although I have to admit I'm not thrilled about more rooms to clean!
Here are a few before pictures, like REALLY before, before we even moved in!

On the left will be the bedroom/office, and on the right will be a storage area.

This will be the bathroom, which we are only framing up right now.

This will be the large living room/family room. Kind of hard to see how big this room really is.
I'm excited to show more progress photos as the project continues!
2 Comments:
It will be interesting to watch the progress of the basement. Please post pictures! Living in Tornado Alley, you would expect more homes here to have basements but the ground isn't right for very many. The ground water is too shallow.
Take lots of pictures, it's so fun to watch the transformation! Watchout for the drywall dust--I swear it took me over a year and cleaning the duct work to get rid of it! Can't wait to see it finished!
Post a Comment