Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cub Foods Deals

Okay, time for more bragging!

Stopped at Cub Foods for a quick pickup of their sale and deal items on the way home from shopping for something for Gordon to wear to Natasha & Brian's wedding. (I had no luck with shoes - stopped at 3 stores - am minorly freaking out.)

Anyway, I had my list figured out ahead of time so it was easy to run in quick(ish) and get a few things.

The highlights:
  • * 2 cases of Diet Mountain Dew plus free 12 pack = $9.96 total
  • * 10 boxes of Kellogg's cereal for $2.50 each = $25.00 less $11.50 in mftg coupons less $10 mail in rebate = $3.50 or $0.35 each. I was also supposed to get a $10.00 coupon on my next order for buying $25 worth of products, which I *just* realized didn't print out because I bought one wrong size of cereal. Ugggh, I am so mad...will see if I can return & re-buy one box & have them manually print out the $10 coupon but I don't know if it will work :( I will be so mad if I can't because this is the main reason I did this deal, although I guess $0.35/box of cereal isn't anything to complain about [And as a side note, I am glad I am writing this post so I realized it before I mailed the receipt off for the rebate!].
  • * 2 free Glade candles with mftg coupons
  • * free 20 oz bottle of Diet Coke with My Coke Rewards reward I 'bought' with points
  • * Oscar Meyer hot dogs - buy one get one free - then I had a coupon for a free package, so both were FREE!
  • * 2 bottles of Coffeemate liquid creamer (I am addicted to this stuff) - $2.29 less $1 mftg coupon = $1.29 each
I got some other stuff like bread, eggs, etc but won't bore you with those details.

Total spent - $41.96. Total saved - $40.90. Savings of 50%.

And as a bonus, a receipt printed out for a $2 off your next order coupon when I call and complete a survey. Yeah! I love it :)

The cashier said "I love coupons, and coupons love me!" as he was painstakingly scanning all of them through. I was starting to feel bad but he said, "No, they are great and worth it". Even the lady behind me in line, which I thought was starting to get annoyed because it was taking so long, made a comment that it was great to use coupons and how it was worth the time it takes, especially if you buy a lot of groceries. I hate taking long in line, but figure I have a right to be there, too. Besides, the manufacturers and stores put out the coupons for us to use, right?

Ugh, still annoyed about the $10 coupon deal. I don't know how it will work to try and get the correct size & the $10 coupon, as I don't want them to mark up my receipt because I'm sending it in for the rebate, but I really want to cash in on that deal since it was the whole point of buying (gulp) 10 boxes of cereal. (I plan to donate them or give them to someone who could use them more than us. We will use a few but not that many.)

Tomorrow is Monday and I have my lists ready for Walgreens, Coborns, Target and Marketplace Foods! Now where to find the time...?

By the way, they have a fantastic deal on Coke 12-packs at Rainbow Foods this week. I normally don't shop Rainbow because, as you can see, I have way too many stores to go to as it is, but they have 12 packs of Coke products on sale this week for $1.77. You have to buy five, but that's not a problem for us as we go through a lot of Diet Coke at our house. I also have coupons for $2 off when you buy four 12-packs, so it makes the deal sweeter and comes out to only $1.37 a 12-pack. Awesome deal!! (I am glad pop prices are coming down, for awhile there they were sky high for some reason!) I am hoping to try and find time to go to Rainbow a couple times this week to take advantage of this great deal.

1 Comments:

Norma said...

Another day of deals for you-Cool!! Hope you can get your $10.00 coupon-what a bummer!! 35 cents a box for cereal-that is amazing!!Guess you will have to start having cereal for your evening meal one night a week! LOL Hope you get more cool deals tomorrow!! Have fun!!

Post a Comment