Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Deals, Good Times

Oh, neglected blog. You poor thing.

I had to come visit you today though, because I had to share in my fabulous finds today during my normal Sunday morning shopping trips. Lots of prep work, but the rewards were worth it!


In summary, Cub Foods paid me $16.50 to take home $81.19 worth of stuff! Yes!

Here's a quick recap of the goodies I bought...I mean, that Cub paid me to take home. No photos, I'm not going to start going down THAT route; I spend way too much time clipping, calculating & conniving as it is!

2 Digorno's Pizzas
9 boxes of various Ritz/Nabisco/Honeymaid crackers
3 packages of Jello pudding snacks
2 packages Oscar Meyer lunchmeat
6 packages Kraft cheese singles
1 Digorno flatbread melt
1 Oscar Meyer hot sandwich kit
4 Easy Mac cups
6 packages shredded cheese

Apart from possibly the Easy Mac cups and the hot sandwich kit, these are things we would buy anyway. We should be stocked up for quite awhile on items like cheese, crackers, pudding, etc!

I also scored a great deal on some Gold N Plump extra tender chicken breasts/tenders. These were on sale for $3.33, I had coupons for $0.75 off each, making them $2.58 a package. Bought 10 packages. Should last us a couple months at least. Thank goodness for our chest freezer, the best thing we ever bought (err, received for free).

I also got a free pint of Starbucks ice cream (using a Facebook promotion from earlier this summer), and an energy drink for my hubby for a whole 50 cents using a coupon I found at the gas station that had expired!


In addition, I also went to Walgreens and got some great deals there with sales & coupons & previous Register Rewards:

3 packages Huggies diapers - $7.50/package
4 small bottles of honey -$0.75 each (honey is expensive!)
Colgate toothpaste: FREE after $3 Register Reward to use on next purchase
6 packages of Bic pens - FREE
4 bottles toilet bowl cleaner - $1.00-$1.10 each
1 bottle Advil - $3.49
2 pkg of 3 pack gum - FREE
2 cans Campbell's soup - $0.29 each
2 bottles coffee creamer - $2 each
less $31 in previous Register Rewards

equals $10.06 for $90.86 worth of stuff...plus I got the $3 RR to use on my next trip.

Holla!

I love saving money!

Too bad it's so much work...


3 Comments:

Norma said...

Yes, you have turned into quite the shopper!! Good for you!!
I know it must take time but guess you enjoy it also so it is profitable & fun!!
Mom

Unknown said...

It's nice you have a chest freezer down stairs. You must know some good friends to wire up an outlet for you to plug it in to. I wish I had some friends like that. I always get stuck doing it myself. If you have some extra food, which it sounds like you do, you can send some down here to us poor folk. You know the address. I'm not picky, I'll take whatever......

Chad

Annette said...

We LOVE our downstairs freezer. It is so handy. And yes, we're VERY lucky to have a special friend to wire a special outlet for it :) Hmmm...what favors could we do for friends? Tax returns? Ebay selling? Speaker/sound sysem hookup? Computer networking?

Chad, I bet if you are in the area, there could be some food available for the taking. It might spoil if I mailed it. Just saying ;)

Post a Comment