I can't believe our baby boy is TWO today!!! We all had such a wonderful day. Gordon took the day off from work to spend it with our little man. Cody got to sleep in until almost 8:00 and then he and Gordon went out for breakfast -- just the two of them! They had the place all to themselves and Cody got to order his favorite breakfast food ~ chocolate chip pancakes!! YUM!! :) 
After breakfast, Cody and Gordon headed back to the house where they proceeded to whip up a batch of delicious cupcakes for all of Cody's friends at daycare. Cody even got to help mix the tasty treats!

Once all the hard work in the kitchen was done, Cody and Gordon headed into the big city (suburb) to go out to lunch and show Cody off to my work. Cody enjoyed the fascinating clear-top tables at the office and entertained by hiding in the corner and underneath the table. Cody enjoyed telling us the name of the restaurant we were at - APPLEbeeeeeez! Lunch went by entirely too quickly and soon it was time for me to get back to work for the rest of the day, while Gordon and Cody headed home to both take naps.
This evening, we had more birthday fun by having a homemade dinner cooked by Gordon, followed by opening a few presents to continue the birthday festivities. Cody opened gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Hart, Godparents Brian & Natasha, and a couple gifts from us. More about the loot soon! We took some pictures and they will be posted later along with more updates.
Today I found myself thinking back to two years ago on this date...all the events leading up to it, being pregnant, getting the house ready for a baby, being SO sick the night before, and mostly how we just didn't know just how much our lives would change forever! I'll admit it, I didn't know one darn thing about babies or children. Alright, I still don't, really, but I have to say that I think we've got a darling little boy who is very well behaved, extremely bright, super smart and oh-so-sweet, so we must be doing something right. I guess God is due a little credit also. Okay...a lot of credit!! :)
Here's some of the images that were going through my head today...
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, CODY!!!!!






1 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Little Man!
I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Where does the time go?
He is precious.
Post a Comment