Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Celebrations Continue, Continued

Alright, now where was I?!?

Oh yes...our first guests, The Andersons, were just arriving. Soon the rest of the guests all piled in our house and it got louder & louder. It was so much fun though.

We were thrilled to celebrate Cody's birthday with:~
~ 2nd cousin Amy & twin daughters, Elsa & Ava, and son, Aden (6 days older than Cody!)
~ great aunt & uncle, Nance & Kelly
~ aunt & uncle, Joann & Al
~ Grandma & Grandpa A.
~ daycare buddy, Anthony, and his mom, Mindi
~ honorary auntie, Careen
~ friend, Jordan, his baby sister, Sierra, and their parents, friends from birth class, Colleen & Ben

Gah, I hope I didn't forget anyone! I wish that I had pictures of all the guests, but truthfully, I was lucky to just snap a few photos period.



















I thought the party went very well with four (yes, four!) little boys around the age of 2 and three babies around 4-6 months old. We socialized for a bit, then had lunch, opened some presents, and then had cake and ice cream.

Lunch consisted of pulled hot-beef sandwiches on rolls, veggie pizza, pistachio salad, fresh fruit, chips, crackers and cheese, and pickles. We got the birthday cake from Cub Foods and thought they did a decent job on the design, and a good job on the taste.

The little boys all helped Cody opened his presents, which was fast and fun, and I only wish I knew who gave him what. Oh well :) We appreciated everything and were so grateful to have everyone share Cody's special day with him.

Finally, one of the highlights was when the Andersons were heading out, Cody and Aden gave each other a heartfelt hug that actually looked real & sincere. It was soooo sweet. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to live closer so we could get these boys together for playdates since they're so close in age.





























Sorry for the jarble of photos, I tried something different with this post and clearly, it did not work too well!!


I hope the next birthday for Cody doesn't come _quite_ so quick as this one did! Can't believe he is TWO....

1 Comments:

Grandma said...

It was a fun time sharing Cody's big day with him! Good food, good company & lots of laughs. He is getting to be such a big boy & we sure were amazed at all his accomplisments since we were there at Christmas. It was nice to finally meet the "twins" & to hold one-no I don't know which one I had but they both are adorable! It was fun to see Aden again & see how he is growing also.

Post a Comment