Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What a Wonderful Day!

I had the day off from work today, and Cody and I had a wonderful day together!  We both slept in a bit, had breakfast, and then headed to Target for our weekly deal-finding expedition!  We got some goodies, of course.  We made it out of Target for under $40, and in 45 minutes, which is a somewhat short of a miracle.  Wonderful!  We had to make it a short trip, as we were expecting visitors at 10:00am.  We got home at 9:55am.  Cody now knows the word "Hurry!".  

We had to get home as Cody's friend, Jordan, and his little sister, along with their mommy, were coming over to play.  We had planned to go the park, but it was too chilly of a morning.  No fret, we played for a couple hours and had lunch.  A wonderful time was had by all.

Cody and I both took naps in the afternoon (ssshhhhhh, don't tell) and they were wonderful!  After quiet-time, we got up and made Monster Cookies!  I haven't made these in years!  Although there was a slight mix-up in ingredients, solved by a couple of Google searches later, we had cookies upon cookies in hand.

We made supper and had a wonderful stroller ride around the neighborhood.

What a wonderful day!

1 Comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you & Cody had a wonderful day together. It sounds like you did alot of fun things and yes, even the nap-sounds heavenly!

Post a Comment