Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Cody David!

We celebrated Cody's birthday (March 3rd) on Saturday, February 28th with friends and family.  We hosted a small party at our house and I hope a good time was had by all!  To join in the celebrations was Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, Uncle Al & Aunt Joann, Godparents Natasha & Brian (soon to be married!), Careen & John, Cari, and Colleen & Ben & Jordan.  We were supposed to have a few more guests, but the winter illnesses going around forced them to stay home. 

We started out the party by opening gifts...Cody was more enthralled with the cards than anything else!  He got loads of nice gifts and we feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that are so thoughtful.  I wish I could post pictures of all the gifts he received!

As the party was going, guest enjoyed looking at a slideshow of photos from Cody's 1st year.  Gordon put together a really cool thing using our Apple TV where various pictures were shown on our TV throughout the party.  We got several comments on it.  Thanks honey for doing this!!

I hope you enjoy some of these photos from Cody's big day.

(He didn't think much of the party hat - it lasted about .4 seconds.)

(Ooh, a card!)

(The Jack-In-The-Box was a huge hit!)

(Handmade & Embroidered Quilt from G'ma A.)

After the presents were opened, we had a meal consisting of pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, Super Salad, fresh fruit, veggies & dip, chips, pickles and the like.  After the meal was complete, we brought out the cakes!  We presented Cody with his smash cake (which I got free by purchasing his cake at Coborn's), and everyone sang Happy Birthday to Cody which he enjoyed a lot.  He was very polite in eating his cake nicely, tasting mostly the frosting for the first couple minutes.  He did get down and dirty eventually and as you can see, thoroughly enjoyed it!  What a mess!  Afterwards, right into the bathtub he went - thanks Daddy!!



(So, THIS is frosting!)
(Mmmm!!  I like it!!)
(Getting messier!)

(Oh boy.)


(I'm done!!)

After getting all spic & span, Cody had fun playing with Aunt Joann who made him laugh and laugh.  She showed him how fun it was to get chased around, too.  


Boy, he fell asleep easy that night!

Thanks again to everyone who came to the party & made it such a wonderful day!  I still can't believe our little boy is ONE!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment