Oh, yes.

We spent 4th of July over at the Andersons of Cottage Grove and had a great time hanging by the pool and having good BBQ. Cody got to 'play' with cousin Aden (previously a-mentioned in March) who is 1 week older than him. I don't think they quite knew what to think of each other.
We made another trek up north and Cody did wonderfully on the trip, except for a total blowout in Bemdiji! That was tons of fun, let me tell you. We also stopped and met Paul when we were in town (see below):
In terms of milestones, Cody started rolling over at the end of the month.
Oh, how could I forget? Gordon and I *both* met the other love of our lives in July...our new iPhones!

8.8.08 NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK ARE IN MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!!! Wow, my teenage dream come true! They had a performance and autograph signing at the Mall of America. Earlier in the year they announced they had reunited, and I believe in May they performed together for the first time in 15+ years on the Today Show. This was their second performance together and I WAS THERE. I had to work in the morning, so unfortunately, I was wayyyy too late to get in the autograph line, but that was ok with me. I watched as they sang three songs and watched them do some autographs. It was pretty surreal. :) They looked SO good.
(a few of the fans there before the performance)
We headed to Baudette, yet again, to my mom's retirement party. It was really nice & what years of service that she put in - all at the same place!! Unfortunately, Gordon had to work and couldn't come with, but we survived the trek on our own, although not without tears on both Cody and Mommy's part!! It was a rough drive back home, but we made it.
Cody also saw a pediatric ophthalmologist to look at his droopy eyelid. Not sure if most people know or notice, but he's had this since birth. Our pediatrician didn't think it was a big issue, but referred us to have him checked out. Our appointment went well (he was such a trooper, not even crying when they put eye drops in his eyes to dialate them!!) and the doctor said that he doesn't need to come back until another year to have checked. She said his eyelid isn't interfering with his vision, it's just slightly cosmetic at this point. I hardly notice it anymore; moreso when he is tired, etc.

Cody tried his first vegetables this month - sweet pote-TATE-tohs...as I like to say. He LOVED them and couldn't get enough! Feeding him solids has been a breeze ever since. He eats everything we give him. He's not a huge fan of baby food (pureed) peaches, but everything else he just gobbles right up! I'm so grateful to have such an "easy" baby. I know, I know...I'm not holding my breath for his toddler years! :)
We got Cody all dolled up to watch his first Vikings game! We bought half a year of season tickets again, but only ended up going to one game all year (the season opener), in which they lost. Oh well. We hope to attend more games next year. It was just too hard to go this year...weekends are our quality time days with the little one, and going to a game is just an all-day process with the travel time there, parking, game, getting out of parking, etc.
September also marked a visit from Gordon's parents who live in Colorado. They spent about a week here and got some good quality time with their grandson. While they were here, Gordon and his dad and mom worked on some house projects like sealing the garage floor, painting all the drywall in the garage, hanging shelves and other things. This was such a huge help!!! We also made Cody's first trip to the zoo (Como Zoo) while they were visiting. Cody loved looking at the animals and especially liked the otters and the gorillas!! We're looking forward to going back next summer.

Wow! October was busy!
In the beginning of the month, our family travelled to the Chicago area for Cody's first big trip out of state. We split up the trip going there and back, staying in hotels halfways, and Cody did really well on the long car ride. We were able to stay at Gordon's aunt & uncle's house in the Chicago area (even though they were not even home at the time!) to save on hotel costs and feel more "at home". We so appreciated this! We had a fun gathering with some of Gordon's cousins & their families...and had a ball watching all the kids interact and play.
(here's the pic I had with the most of them - sorry, Colton got left out!))
The main reason for the trip was so that I could go to the NKOTB concert. I'll spare you the delicious details, but it was amazing. I had such a fun time. I tried not to cry. I went with my pen-pal of a million years, Michelle.
(glowing during Hangin' Tough...yes, I said glowing)
In October, we also went to a pumpkin patch & farm right before Halloween. Cody got to see all kinds of farm animals, picked out pumpkins, went on a hayride and had plenty of photo opportunities. I'll just post one for now. He was more interested in the dirt and twigs more than the pumpkins.
In October, I attended NKOTB Concert #2 in St. Paul. Holla. (courtesy of projectnkotb girls)
And, of course, Halloween. Cody wasn't feeling too good (one of many colds he had this fall/winter), so we didn't really do anything special. We did go trick-or-treating at one neighbor's house. They did have a little party at daycare and let me tell you, he was partied out by the time he got home!!
Whew! Part 3...coming next!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment