Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Brrr....it's 9:24pm as I write this and it's currently 11 degrees below zero. It was just straight up nasty out today!! Very windy, blowing snow, etc. Not as bad as in other places like North Dakota, so I'm grateful it wasn't worse. We got Cody all bundled up to head out to daycare this morning & he was slightly reminiscent of the younger boy in "A Christmas Story". 




Cody is so darn cute though in his winter jacket, fleece hat, mittens and shoes.  I already lost one of his mittens though.  And, so it begins.

This is not good. Only my third post and I'm already out of things to talk about so I bring up the weather. Great.

We, and when I say we, I mean Gordon, installed the convertible car seats last Friday. We ended up buying the Britax Marathon for dh's car and Britax Roundabout for my car. Does this mean we're car seat snobs now? Yikes. I got a very generous gift card to Target from my work for Christmas, so we used that money and put it towards the car seats. They are super nice & Cody really seems to like them.  I must say, it's quite a bit easier to get him in and out of the car now in his "big boy" seat.  They are really easy to adjust the straps, too.  The infant carrier was getting sooooo heavy since he weighs over 18 pounds now!  At his 9 month appointment, he was 1/2 inch shy of meeting the height limit, so it was definitely time to upgrade.  That said, it was kind of sad to pack away the "bucket" though. He's growing up too fast!

By the way, anyone know how to make a gas fireplace stop stinking?  We have not used our fireplace much since we moved into our home, because when we turn it on, it gives off quite an odor.  It is kind of that "just turned on the heat" smell, except it doesn't go away after a few minutes, and it drifts through the entire house.  I've read it could take 30 hours for the smell to go away...Lord help me!  I don't know if we have had it on for 30 hours; it actually makes me somewhat nauseous after awhile.  I don't know if it's worth calling the fireplace repair people or not.  I wish we would have asked before our 1 year home inspection.  Oh well.  A nice warm fireplace sounds so wonderful on these cold days, but not when you want to just go outside to breathe fresh air afterwards!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment