More garage sale find bragging. I hope you don't mind! :)
I was able to sneak into work a couple hours late on Thursday morning, so I couldn't help but check out a few sales before I headed into the office. I went to one right across the road from our house, and I hit the mother-load of little boy clothes. I also went to a few sales by my work where I got a few things. I had to take a picture of my finds, JUST for you!
I'm not sure how many items I actually got, but if I do a quick tally based on the picture, it looks like I got about 13 short-sleeved shirts, 5 long-sleeved shirts, 1 pair of pj's and 4 pairs of pants. I also got myself (!) a Vikings #28 (Peterson) t-shirt, a pair of capris, a pair of shorts and another top. Also got Cody a pair of sandals and a pair of brown Stride-Rite shoes. I also got Cody a Tonka Truck book (not pictured)...he has been really into trucks & heavy equipment stuff lately.
I was excited because many of the shirts just look like Cody and the styles that we usually put him in. My favorites are the John Deere "The World is My Sandbox" t-shirt (will be for next summer), the Polo Jeans shirt and the loader/truck shirt (left of the John Deere shirt). Actually, I really love everything.
So, drumroll please.... I spent approximately $15 total on the above items!!! Can you believe it??! I'm pretty sure the Stride Rite shoes alone would be well over that.
Needless to say, I am thrilled :)
Here are a few other photos I snapped of Cody the other day. He just make me laugh.
(Doesn't really look like him, but it's too funny not to share!)
(Hrrm, future career?)
I had the day off today (Friday) and Cody and I were able to spend the whole day together at home. We had to hang around the house as the State inspector was scheduled to come and do the final electrical inspection. IT PASSED! Now we just need the final City inspection and we'll be done with inspections! I need to take some photos - the ceiling is completely done! It looks so nice and Gordon has the satisfaction knowing that he put the final tiles in himself!! He took a couple days off last week and it really helped to get the job done.
So, anyway, Cody and I had a good day, but we were both so tired. The weather has been so darn dreary and it rained ALL day. I had a massive headache and felt bad the majority of the day. But, we both took really good naps, and they felt SO good.
Garage saling is on tomorrow's agenda, but SNOW is in the forecast for this evening. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's just not right. Say it a'int so.
To all mothers and mothers-to-be reading this, including my own (who is really feeling miserable and needs your prayers), HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


4 Comments:
I hope that you did not have to deal with snow. It's the middle of May and we've hit 90 already in NE Oklahoma. My relatives in S. Texas have had hot weather for a few weeks and it's just the beginning for them.
Great buys at the yard sales, and Cody is looking so cute!
I almost forgot to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!
Wow, you sure hit the jackpot for little boy's clothes-good for you! No wonder he is the "best dressed little boy in Otsego"!!
Enjoyed the pics-they are darling!! I can see he is "Mommy's little helper" toting the tote around for you.
Thanks Otter! OY @ 90 degrees! That sounds good to me though..it's been rainy and cold for about 2 weeks.
I'd like to think Cody is one of the best dressed boys in our town!
Toting the tote! Hee-hee....
Post a Comment