I went into work late this past Wednesday, and hit a few sales in the morning before I had to get back home and get to work. I only went to 3 sales, including 2 in our own neighborhood (I always do well around here!) - I think I did pretty well :)
Here's the goodies:
- Bag of play food for Cody's kitchen $1.00
- 3 books of trucks, cars & emergency vehicles 75¢ for all
- 2 containers of rubber stamps (resell at ebay or at our garage sale) $1.50
- bunch of stickers (shhhh don't tell Kaelyn :)) 50¢ for all
- belt for me (!) 25¢
- shirt for Cody 50¢
- And drumroll please......
YAY! A Radio Flyer Trike! I'm so thrilled over this find. I've been wanting to get a trike for Cody, although I'm entirely sure he can reach the peddles or will know quite how to do it. But for $5, I couldn't pass it up. This trike retails on Amazon.com for $55! And it's funny because I got it at one of our neighbor's houses - I can actually see their house from our front porch :)
Look! He can haul his stuff around in the attached compartment :)
This will be a perfect pair with Cody's classic Radio Flyer red wagon (which I also got at a garage sale, last summer, in near-perfect shape, also for $5!).
Kind of funny, I ended up running the mom of Cody's best-buddy, Anthony, at the garage sales in our neighborhood! It was funny because we had saw each other at daycare drop-off that morning, but apparently were both having some much-needed mom time, sans little boys, that day :) I felt silly because we were probably looking for similar things for our boys, but we kept the competition friendly. In fact, I had picked up the trike and told the seller that I wanted it but I wanted to look around more. Well, Anthony's mom was looking at it and I felt soooo silly when I said I was going to buy it. Oops :)
I went into work late again today ~ I think I could get used to these half-days! But I was crazy busy at work when I got there so maybe I should have worked all day. Definitely made the afternoon go by fast. I was a good girl and stayed home all morning and got some things done. We are planning to have a garage sale during the Albertville Friendly City Days so I have been cleaning closets and going through things to locate items to sell. My pile is growing rapidly! I was able to go through the coat closet, my office closet, bathroom closets and finished the linen closet. I also went through my jewelry boxes and picked out a bunch of stuff to get rid of. It feels SO good to de-clutter! I think all I have left to go through is the master bedroom closet, Gordon's office and the bins downstairs. Then pricing will commence!
Since I was home this morning, we also had the final City inspection of the basement today. IT PASSED! Wahoo :)
We decided to go ahead and do the bathroom, and our neighbor came over tonight to give us a quote on the framing, drywall, etc. We paid him for materials and he plans to start next week. Then, our friend Chad, who just happens to be a plumber, will be coming up in a few weeks to do the plumbing and install the shower and toilet. We have been waffling back and forth as to whether to finish the bathroom and we finally decided last night to just go ahead and do it. I didn't want it always kind of hanging over our head that we will need to do it someday. If we do use the bedroom in the basement as a guest room, it will be nice to have a bathroom down there. We definitely are tired of the dust & construction, and I'm personally getting tired of writing out checks :) but hopefully we can get the bathroom done in a timely fashion.
Ahhhh...it's after 10:00pm once again, and I actually have to work a full day tomorrow. Shocker! I hope I can do it :)




5 Comments:
I love to hear about all your great garage sale finds so keep them coming! Wowww, you are so lucky to find that trike for Cody--looks brand new & that price is unbelievable!
Cody will have fun with the food items- nice to have some new ones as he probably gets tired of "cooking" the same thing over & over again just like us! LOL
Good job on the de-cluttering!!
I never get tired of hearing about your garage sale finds! And you made some great deals with this stuff.
Thanks guys!! :) I guess I'll just have to keep on blogging!
He tried out the trike today and it fits him PERFECT! He still has to figure out the peddle coordination but I think he'll be going in no time!
Great finds! We have the same trike. Both of my kids liked putting things in the compartment - everything from a stuffed animal to rocks & dirt. Did it come with a push pole?
Nope, no push pole... Definitely will use the compartment, I'm sure!
Post a Comment