The first thing that we did is checked out the animals on the farm. It is a real, working farm and they have different types of farm animals to visit. We saw goats, sheep, horses, chickens and baby chicks, roosters, donkeys, and pigs. I think Cody's favorite was the chickens as they flailed around wildly (don't worry, they still had their heads on) so were fun to watch.
After checking out the animals, we got in line to go on the hayride. They took us around the farm to see the cows and different areas of the farm. We were pretty squished in and I may or may not have stole Cody from Gordon's lap so he could sit by me. (Sorry honey!) We didn't get any pictures from this as it was packed and no real photo opportunities.
Upon departing the hayride, we did the little corn maze they had, I think Cody really enjoyed that. He just kept wanting to go all the different directions. After "solving" the maze, we got to explore a pumpkin patch with hundreds of little, mini pumpkins. Cody had an absolute ball straddling all of the pumpkins that he possibly could. This was a great place for some photo ops, as you can see below.
Next, it was on to the tractors which may have been Cody's favorite thing to see at the farm. He LOVES tractors and was absolutely enthralled with one that looked just like Papa's tractor up north with the big cab and all. He couldn't ride this one though! :) We got a bunch of great shots on a different tractor they had decked out. I love his expression in the 3rd photo down (click to expand if you'd like) - I think he might be a bit proud!
Afterwards, we went and picked out a few big pumpkins to decorate and take home, as it was almost lunchtime by then. We paid way too much for them but I guess it's part of the experience. :) This will be the first year that we carve pumpkins, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Cody thinks of the pumpkin "guts" and the experience that goes along with all that.
We are looking forward to Halloween in a couple of weeks. I got Cody's Halloween costume at a garage sale this summer (shhhh, don't tell) and I think he's really going to get a kick out of trick-or-treating this year. We did go to a few houses last year, but it was pretty chilly and he didn't know what candy was at that point. Oh, he knows what it is now! :)
Happy Fall!
p.s. Here is a picture of Cody from 2 years ago at the same place...he's changed a bit, right?!







3 Comments:
That looks like so much fun! I love that you have the same picture of Cody when he was 7 months old. Cute!
Cute photos! I love the tractor ones. He looks like he had a great time! We had fun that day too. Too bad we didn't run into you guys.
You must not have had the same driver as us on the hayride. He went to each person asking if they would like to have their photo taken. We have a great photo on the wagon - thanks to him.
I can't believe how much he's grown! He looks so much older, compared to the 7 month picture. When my daughter was younger, we always made at least one trip to the local pumpkin patch and I had as much fun as she did.
Post a Comment