A couple weekends ago, we ventured up north to visit my parents. We had not been "up north" since Thanksgiving! Oops. It was just difficult to get up there during the winter, since we never knew what the weather would bring. It worked out for us to take an extra day off so we could make it a 3 day weekend. We went up on Friday morning and came back Sunday evening. We had a nice, relaxing visit. We didn't do too much but Cody LOVED being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. So much to see & do for little boys!
He was SO grumpy the whole time, can't you tell?!
(If you haven't realized, this couldn't be further from the truth!)
One of the highlights of the trip was taking a ride on Grandpa's new toy, an Arctic Cat Prowler! I'm not really sure of all the benefits of this contraption, but it basically looks like a glorified-four-wheeler to me! (Sorry!) Grandpa, Gordon and Cody went on two different rides, each of which were pretty lengthy and adventuresome. Cody loved the ride and from what I understand, stayed perfectly still on Gordon's lap.

We had pretty good weather during our visit, but the bugs. Oh, the bugs. I seriously do not remember them being that bad before. I could barely stand to be outside. Mosquitos, sandflies, and bullflies - OH MY! We tried taking a walk one night (a walk on the ROAD! Cody thought that was so neat.) but we didn't get too far - the sandflies and mosquitos were eating us alive!!
Gordon and I had a little break one night and drove into town to see "Shrek 3". We weren't impressed. Neither of us liked it and it really wasn't very funny. Did any of you see it? We were considering bringing Cody, but we were really glad we didn't. It was kind of a dark movie!
My mom and I even did a little bit garage saling on Saturday morning! Thanks to the guys for baby-sitting. We didn't find much, but I did get a Doctor Kit for Cody and he has really been enjoying it. He really "gets" it. He's also learned the name of his eye doctor...Dr. P! Hopefully we can impress her the next time we go in.
We were able to visit with Great G'ma Anderson, so that was nice. I didn't get any pictures this time, but hopefully when we go up next time, we can take some.
Here's a couple of other random photos for the weekend. We had a good, relaxing time. We'll be going up again soon!


2 Comments:
Although we didn't do anything special, we sure enjoyed having Cody (& of course his Mom & Dad!) here & doing things with him. It is such fun just to sit & watch him and listen to him talk. He is such a little sweetheart and has added so much to our "retirement years"!!
The picture of Cody and his grandfather having a nap in the recliner is so sweet! And the first picture really shows how Cody is growing up - love the cleft in his chin.
Post a Comment