Well, we survived our first day of the house hunt! Our realtor called it a "success", but I was disappointed and discouraged. The houses in our price range and in the area that we'd like to be at are just not what we were hoping for.
These were our top two houses that we looked at...
1) Loretto House #1 This house is really above our budget but we wanted to take a look at it because it is pretty close to where we work. The top two floors of the house were awesome. I loved the layout, except everything was PURPLE!!! Ohmigoodness...I like purple, in fact, it's my favorite color...but not everywhere! It was very modern-ly decorated, but I can look past that. However, the basement was less to be desired - tile floors, weird set up. It felt like school floors and hubby couldn't see it as his "entertainment" room. It really was overpriced and wasn't a $300k house. This was my fave house that we saw though.
2) Loretto House #2 This was hubby's favorite house, but I didn't like the layout. It's a bi-level split and it's not my favorite style of house... Much rather prefer a two story or multi-level or even a rambler. Although when I was younger, I always liked the split level because we had a boring one floor rambler. Anyway, this house had an AMAZING garage...it would be 4 cars if a couple of the walls were taken out...or the back could be made into a really great 3 or 4 season porch. But, the living room had a strange wall divider thing and the master bedroom was right off the LR with a door??! Weird, weird, weird.
We're going to try a different area the next time we go out...I hope we have better luck!
Our house is supposedly going on the market on Monday. We're also planning our first open house next Sunday. I'm excited to see if there will be any initial response!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
I have to say that looking for houses was one of my all-time least favorite activities! Unlike yard-saling, the thrill is NOT in the hunt, LOL. We looked for a while and I will tell you that much like my wedding dress, I knew immediately when we found "the one". I truly believe that God meant for us to live in this house, because we knew immediately that it was right. I hope that you will have that same experience and assurance. Don't give up hope yet! Your house is out there, just waiting for you to find it! LOL
I liked some of the features in the first house & then some in the 2nd, too bad they all weren't in one house! LOL
We really didn't look much & then ended up building. Well we did a prefab house so didn't have a whole lot of choices. Which I was ok with, the more choices, the harder it is!
Can't wait to see more links cause I love looking at houses & look for decorating ideas for my undecorated house!!
Yes, what was with all that purple?!?!
Post a Comment